Saturday, January 9, 2010

How can I prove that I sent medical bills to ex husband?

My former husband is legally obligated to pay 100% of the children's medical bills. I have notified him of what is due by certified mail but he is refusing to pick up the notification. Legally, could I take him to court for reimbursement since technically he didn't get the bill?How can I prove that I sent medical bills to ex husband?
that was really smart of you to send them certified!!!!


take the copies you have to an attorney, including the certified mail receiptsHow can I prove that I sent medical bills to ex husband?
Go to the court and ask the help desk to fill out some form, the court can demand your ex to open the letter.
CYA - Cover you ***. in hindsight you should have copied them before you sent them. Although if you call the post office they might have some record of the delivery if you know where it was picked up and where it is going. That's what all those barcodes are for on envelopes.
yep! you can-
Yes take him back to court. You have proof that you sent a copy of the bills in certified mail and proof that he refused to pick them up. Talk to you lawyer but I am pretty certin you could get interest too!
Yes, since he is refusing to acknowledge them.
You should send them certified.
Yes, I believe you can, because the certified mail will have recorded the attempts to serve and the refusal to sign. For future, I would carry a copy of the court order showing the responsibility of medical bills for the children. And when signing your child(ren) up for medical care, make the responsible party him so the bills will go directly to him and you won't have to deal with him at all. Prayers and best wishes =)
YES, take your notifications to your lawyer, prove you sent them, and he would not sign for them. I would send them to his work from here on out, it is very hard for someone to refuse to sign at work when the boss is watching!
I should think you would be able to take him to court. You sent the bills by certified mail and you will have a receipt and probably notification from postal service that he has not picked up the mail within a certain amount of time. Him refusing to pick up the certified mail is negligence on his part, he can not tell you that he hasn't received anything from you. If you want to be extra sure that the law is on your side, you may want to see if you can get a process server or someone like that to try and hand deliver the bills to him. If he refused to take those as well then it's just more points in your favor when it comes time to court cases.





If this legal obligation of his comes from your custody hearings then maybe you can forward the bills to your lawyer and then his.

No comments:

Post a Comment