Friday, April 30, 2010

What to do my husband totally forgot today is my birthday!?

I am so angry and upset my husband completly forgot that today is my birthday! Maybe I am making too much of it I am 6 months pregnant also so emotions are on high. All I wanted was a happy Birthday or a card nothing extravegant. Should I be pissed?What to do my husband totally forgot today is my birthday!?
First off:





haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappy birthday to you


happy birthday to you...





I'd put his butt on a couch for a loooooooooong time.What to do my husband totally forgot today is my birthday!?
It does happen---he has a lot on his mind also--I mean he is probably worried about you and the baby also, and providing for you both.


So give him a big hug and tell him that you had a wonderful birthday you watch a great movie/went to the park/ had an ice cream cone--something and then tell him that he was great for not bothering you with phone calls on your birthday because you had a wonderful time---now mean this when you say it don't say it with anger or anything else in your voice. He will feel bad about it, don't let him. He will not forget again.
Yes you can be upset, but your marriage will be better off in the long run if you don't show it. I don't think men understand how sensitive a women can be over things like that. He may wake up one day and realize how insensitive he was and how lucky he is to have you, so don't show it and he will be the one to tell you how sorry he was and not you.





There has never been a greater gift to a man than a women and I'm sure your husband knows that, so don't be sad because he has a bad memory, I am sure he loves you more than you know. Happy Birthday
I don't blame you for being upset. I would definitely be hurt, angry, and befuddled as to how my husband could do that. However, are there any circumstances that may have distracted him or kept him from remembering? Sometimes when people are stressed, they can have a one-track mind. With that said, I would question him as to how/why he forgot and then I'd proceed to celebrate myself by purchasing something that I've been wanting. After all, your probably beautiful and glowing and deserve it. Happy Birthday! Hope your day is wonderful!!
Some guys really are not good with these sort of things. I suspect you haven't been married for very long.





Have you been giving him hints lately? Sometimes you have to give them hints. For about a week prior to the event that you want to be ';special';.





He probably feels terrible about it.





Let him off the hook.





In the future, if you want him to remember a special time for you, (anniversary, Valentine's, and YES, birthday!) give him reminders and hints for about a week before.





In fact, sometimes it's best if YOU just go ahead and tell them, ';I've been wanting to go to that new (restaurant, play, club, etc.), I thought maybe we could go on my birthday next week. I made us reservations for next (whatever day it is), OK?';





That's his cue to DO something, like NOT go bowling that night, or get home early from work, or get a card, whatever he needs to do.





Don't be too hard on him, some guys really just can't get the hang of it.





If I want my husband to make a big damn deal out of something, I practically have to set it up myself, but then, I've also been married for about 20 years now and I KNOW that he WILL forget, and he WILL feel terrible about it, and there is absolutely no point in my being disappointed about something that he really can't help. So, I make the reservations, he will usually remember to get some really great jewelry or something nice for me, a card at the very least, but usually something more.





So, you have to kinda know whether or not they have the capacity to pull off a good birthday or holiday for you. If they DON'T, please, PLEASE remember this: IT DOESN'T MEAN HE DOESN'T LOVE YOU!! IT JUST MEANS HE'S BEING A GUY!!





Mmm'kay??
Sweetie ... men's brains are not wired the same way ours are. They aren't detail oriented, and they don't remember dates, addresses, phone numbers and other minutae as easily as we do.





Chances are that you didn't remind him - did you? If you didn't remind him, then PLEASE don't make a big fuss. Just tell him, ';John, honey, I know we've been busy lately getting ready for the baby, and I know I should have reminded you ... but today's my birthday. Can we do something tomorrow or this weekend to make up for it?'; If you handle it like a mature, grown-up instead of having a hissy fit, everything will be all better.





Having said that, I want to ask you if he's forgotten other dates in the past, like if this is typical behavior. If he does forget ... then it's no biggie. If he usually does NOT forget, then you might have to have a conversation but not getting all emotional about it. Granted, in your hormonally crazed state, this will be hard to do, but try try try. Men, when they see a woman crying, all they want is for it to stop, even if it's for a good reason. If it's for something they did, it's like adding insult to injury.





You should be upset, but not yelling/crying/hysterical. Unless you married a jerk, once you tell him that it was today, he will probably feel awful. Give him a chance to make it right.





Now, for future dates, get a calendar, and put it on the wall where he sees it every day. Circle important dates in red, and start kidding him about them weeks in advance. ';Hey, baby, our anniversary is in 84 days - what do you wanna do?'; ';Darling, my birthday is 22 weeks from next Thursday. What should we do';? That way, it's in his mind, but you're not harping on it ... you know what I mean? HOPEFULLY, he will laugh at himself.





*big hug* HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!! *passing you some cake*





:D Best of luck and congrats on the baby !!
Just remind him. It alwayse seems worse when you're pregnant.





Everyone forgets dates every now and then. My own mother forgot my birthday once. My 15th. I lived with her. And I didn't even get wished a happy birthday until about 8:00 that night when she saw that I looked upset, and she asked what was wrong with me. No one else had remembered either, except for my father who happened to be out of state at the time, but had called to wish me a happy birthday. If mothers can forget, why not spouses? Things happen. I'm sorry he forgot your birthday





Happy birthday from me, for what its worth.
My wife always says there is no excuse for someone forgetting your Birthday - how did you let them forget?? She starts reminding us several weeks before hand. ';I wonder what we will do for my birthday';? Wow! It's only 2 weeks till my B'day';. etc etc. No excuse - you need to remind him.





Men think differently to women - it's not wrong, just different. That's why we fit together so nicely (when people accept the differences).





Happy Birthday!
Tell him. You're allowed to be mad. But if you wait for him to remember, it could be a week and you'll have spent that whole time mad.





Just give him a call, or if he's home, go up to him and say ';FYI it's my birthday. Did you forget? I'm ready for you to make it up to me';





He should feel awful about it. If he doesn't, he's a jerk.
pregnant or not there are just some things you don't forget in a marriage date wise . One your anniversary and two your spouses' bday. Cool down and then simply remind him by saying '; for my birthday i think we should go out to dinner'; don't throw it in his face but just remind him.
He can't help it that he forgot. If I were you I wouldn't say anything. I'm sorry he forgot your birthday but it's really n ot the end of the world. Don't you love your husband? Your having children with him so you must care about him. If you really love him then why be angry over this?
The day isn't over yet. I wouldn't say anything till tomorrow cuz then he can't suddenly pretend he had something planned - or you'll feel bad if he really does have something planned for tonight. If he never remembers...girl, let 'em have it! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
You can be angry, but don't let it fester. Talk to him and tell him it hurt you. Ask him to take you out to dinner or do something special to make it up to you.
Go buy yourself something nice, some flowers or something. When he asks about it, just smile and sweetly say, ';SOMEONE had to remember my birthday, and since you couldn't be bothered, I did it';.
I'd be a little pissed loll! Don't fret ...the day's not over yet. If he doesn't say anything today...I'd be sure to remind him tomorrow! I wouldn't get that upset over it though. Guys...well they don't remember those dates like we do.
1st thing Happy Birthday :)


yes you shouls be pissed off, he would prob moan saying no1 loves me etc etc so yes you have a right to be pissed off!!!
yes he's your husband and he should remember theses special things.


Happy B-Day by the way:)
it happens...... just remind him... and see what happens.
hell ******* yes....how could he forget that the mother of his soon to be child....birthday was a fool!!! curse him out.
better pissed off than pissed on,

No comments:

Post a Comment