Monday, December 28, 2009

Why is my husband covered on his credit card and I am not?

Why is my husband(or main card holder as he known) covered on his credit card for purchases over 拢100 and I am not? We have a joint account.Why is my husband covered on his credit card and I am not?
UK answer: This should not be the case. Your husband can dispute and make a claim for ANY purchase on his credit card account regardless of whether it was charged to the account by the primary or secondary card holder.





You do not have a 'joint' account with the credit card in the same legal sense as say, a current account. The bank/card issuer should be contacted again (although they may need to take instructions from your husband, rather than you) as their liability is not affected by who charged the item to the card.Why is my husband covered on his credit card and I am not?
He was more than likely the primary user or signer . I hate to say it the corporate world is still has a sexist mindset . Sorry about your unfortunate agreement with credit card issuer .

No comments:

Post a Comment