Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I'm active duty Navy and so is my new husband, what are some benefits we may need to ask for from the Navy?

My new husband and I are both active duty, the same rate, but we're stationed with an ocean between us. Should we expect separation pay or BAH or any other benefits? Does anyone know and MCs concerning active duty marriages?I'm active duty Navy and so is my new husband, what are some benefits we may need to ask for from the Navy?
you do not get Family Sep. the Navy treats you both as single and thus are not authorized BAH unless as a single SM you would have been authorized it anyway( E4 with 4 years in at minimum).





if you live in the Barracks/on board you are NOT authorized BAH.I'm active duty Navy and so is my new husband, what are some benefits we may need to ask for from the Navy?
Okay well first off I'm not going to jump to too many conclusions but I AM going to go out on a limb and say you two got married after boot camp and A school? Because if ya'll had gone into the Navy married chances are you would have been sent somewhere where both of you could serve on the same base and or the same area. However goof ups do happen now and again.





You won't get separation, that is for work ups and deployments only. Your BAH you will receive only if you are living off base.





The best option would be for both of you to talk to your respective commands and see if you can get a marriage transfer if they are even doing those anymore.





Best of luck, hope it works out for you both.
you both need to be asking your commands finance office not the random idiots on answers and im including myself











i am only a navy wife

No comments:

Post a Comment